Purpose of Policy
Automated Information Gathered
We gather certain generic information with respect to all visitors’ use of the Website, such as the number of unique visitors, the frequency with which they visit, and the areas on the Website that they favour. We only use this type of data in aggregate, that is we look at the data on a collective basis, in summary form, rather than on an individual basis. This data helps us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs and to customize the Website to make your experience easier and more enjoyable. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on the Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis.
Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). We collect and analyze traffic data on our Website for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server or to display the content according to your preferences.
Personal Information gathered from Users
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a yoga class joining form, make an enquiry, contact us, or enter information on our Website. In general, we only use the information you provide to us for the purpose for which such information was provided.
In more detail, information held:
- Enquiries from non-customers – message, full name and email address – received via our website or by email – held for up to a year, and used to answer a query and follow up.
- Mailing list – name and email address – populated by people subscribing on our website newsletter, or opting in on an enquiry form. People completing a health declaration are added to the mailing list so they can be kept in touch with class information, but all mailings have an opt out link.
- Health and registration forms (Yoga Class Joining Form) from students – name, email address, contact details and health information – completed via our website or in a class. If you have filled in a Yoga Class Joining Form, your information has been collected for class management and to enable us to work with you in the safest and most appropriate way, and so that we can contact you about anything relating to our work together if we need to. Your information is confidential but may be shared with an assistant teacher working with you. Your information is stored in order to comply with professional insurance requirements and the requirements of professional registering bodies and it’ll be destroyed approximately seven years after the end of our work together.
- Purchase or book a Service (e.g. class, session, workshop, retreat etc) – name, email address, contact details, yoga class joining form details – received via our website and held for at least seven years to comply with professional insurance requirements
- Attendance registers – data collected in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Notes on classes and sessions – data collected in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Emails – sent from clients and non-clients. Important messages are saved in our filing system, otherwise, emails retained for up to two years.
- Gift Card – when you purchase a gift card, we collect the buyer’s and the recipient’s name, the buyer’s and the recipient’s email address, a message – received via our website and held for at least seven years to comply with professional insurance requirements
- Gift Card – when you redeem a gift card – we collect the buyer’s and recipient’s name, the buyer’s and recipient’s email address, contact details, message, yoga class joining form details – received via our website and held for at least seven years to comply with professional insurance requirements
- Social Media – when you connect with us through social media (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube channel), we may collect account or profile information – and held for at least seven years to comply with professional insurance requirements
- Payment data – we collect responses from trusted Payment Service Providers when you make purchases on the website. We hold this information for at least seven years for accounting and tax obligations. We DO NOT collect any card information.
- Website cookies set automatically by our software. We do not knowingly access these or pass to third parties.
We use the information collected to send you reminders and schedule changes, notifying you of changes to classes that you’ve already booked such as cancellations, teacher substitutes, style changes or waitlist changes, to send you enhancements to our services such as changes to pricing and schedules or new services, to ask you fill satisfaction surveys in order to improve our service. We may also contact you to discuss feedback or complaints. We also use the information collected to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so and/or notify you about changes to our service. We may also track your use of the Website to determine which classes you participate in so that we can make recommendations to you regarding upcoming classes and events. We use your contact information to deliver information about YOGA INNER PEACE and our promotions (including but not limited to upcoming classes, workshops, retreat trips etc). We reserve the right to communicate with you from time to time about important matters, which will affect your use of the Website, including any alleged violations of the Terms & Conditions. We also use the information for trend analysis, pattern detection, and site administration. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings from us by unsubscribing from email lists. There is a clear automatic unsubscribe option at the bottom of each email.
Information held by Yoga Inner Peace is accessed by staff working for Yoga Inner Peace, and contractors working on Yoga Inner Peace’s IT, and may be shared, on a need to basis, with other teachers at Yoga Inner Peace, e.g. if you are attending their class, or they are covering a class.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Should you ever wish to access the personal data we hold for you please get in touch with us on eva@yogainnerpeace and title your request “Subject Access Request.” Please note that we cannot provide information for any other individuals other than yourself.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law: (i) to conform to the edicts of the law or to comply with legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order; (ii) to protect and defend the YOGA INNER PEACE’s rights and property; (iii) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website and/or the YOGA INNER PEACE services including but not limited to investigate reports of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; or (iv) to protect the safety of the public or users of the Website. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
The Website has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
Website Areas beyond Company’s Control
The Website may contain links to other Third-Party Websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
YOGA INNER PEACE is not directed to those under the age of 18. We assume all users on the Website are operated by adults.